Mining knowledge graphs using computation (e.g. querying, causal reasoning, machine learning) is gaining value in the development of therapeutics. Because of this value, high-quality knowledge graphs are often kept private. Siloed knowledge graphs prevent individuals and organizations (e.g. academia) from developing insights that could lead to life-saving therapeutics. It also creates inefficiency in industry as work is duplicated and insights are not shared.
This project will create a decentralized analytical grade knowledge graph open to the commons where contributors to the graph are rewarded when the graph generates value for patients (e.g. IP generation)
Create an analytical grade longevity knowledge graph with Discourse Graphs as edges detailing the relationship between the nodes. The grant will be used to fund researchers analyzing the scientific literature with a small percentage going to administrative costs to cover things such as computation.
- Biological features, e.g. protein names
- Therapeutic interventions, e.g. rapamycin
- Phenotypes, e.g. >110% life expectancy increase in WT drosophile melanogaster
Turns scientific information into knowledge claims (as opposed to concepts) and provides evidence and context that supports/opposes that claim. Discourse graphs promote more efficient use and comprehension of data for both humans and computers.
Discourse Graph Data schema (Claims/Questions/Evidence/etc.) will enable interoperability and allow researchers to use different tooling from our workflow if desired.
The discourse graph data schema was developed by Joel Chan with support from Protocol Labs to augment and accelerate individual and collective synthesis.
- Graph notebooks: tool for collaboration on scientific research compatible with discourse graphs and a new format for publishing (ex: Roam Research, Logseq, DECK)
- Lateral App: tool for literature scan, review, analysis, and synthesis into a Discourse Graph. Early access web3 native collaborative interface for navigating, coordinating and contributing to decentralized discourse graphs.
- Crossr: knowledge graph ingestion, visualization, analysis, and recommender system build at 10x the speed and no code
- LabDAO: open marketplace that connects providers and consumers of wet and dry lab tools where experiments can be run and output integrated into the biomedical knowledge graph
We are a collection of mission-aligned teams and individuals working to improve the tooling and process for how scientific research is synthesized and openly available for researchers.